what makes a house a home

17 Comments

Posted by Rebecca, November 2nd, 2010

A discussion came up on Twitter a few days ago about whether it’s better to schedule blog posts in advance or post spontaneously.  I always have a idea of what I want to talk about and I’m constantly jotting things down, but I prefer the spontaneous route. Things change by the day and sometimes a great idea comes out of the blue.  This is one of those spontaneous posts.

I logged into my Twitter feed, where I receive updates from HouseBlogs.net, which gives new posts from their group of house bloggers.  This post from The Box House popped up and I had to immediately read it.  I know I’ve mentioned losing our part Maine Coon kitty Sunny here and there, like my new appreciation for the color orange, our wedding favors or how we ended up with the cat who ruined our carpets. For the most part, I’ve tried to keep this blog house related though it’s hard not to mention something that has impacted your life as much as Sunny did.

When I started this, many of my friends reminded me that this was not indeed my first foray into blogging… my cats once had a blog, macandsunny.com.  We stopped posting after Sunny died because it just didn’t feel right.  But since I know so many people enjoyed reading it and I am thankful that it is saved forever on the internet, I figured I’d share it with my new friends.  Gives you a glimpse into us crazy people a little more 🙂

So tomorrow, I will give you my newest Sunny-inspired house addition.  For now, hug your pets, make your pets hug each other and if you have some loving words for The Box House, please head on over. I’ll leave you with this picture of Sunny’s beloved brother Macky…

Yes, he is in my wood basket and no, he does not belong there. Someone is going to end up with a splinter in their you-know-what….

They grow up so fast :::sigh:::

• StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks

17 Responses to “what makes a house a home”

1. Awwww baby pictures!!! I’m showing this to my husband the second he gets home — he’s gonna melt!

as I type, his cat is running through the house howling for no reason at all — just how she rolls. Let me know if you ever want to cat sit 😉 lol

BTW Macky actually looks just like his baby photo — unreal!!! <3

• Rebecca says:

Macky talks for no reason constantly… well I wouldn’t say no reason, the reason is usually that he wants attention.

I found a baby picture of Macky alone and my gosh, he was sitting exactly like he sits as an adult. I think I’m going to have to make a large print of it. It’s amazing how his personality hasn’t changed!

2. Love your fur babies, they are family too!

3. LD says:

Remember the Sunny <3

4. Annabelle says:

I cried reading your Mac & Sunny blog. What a bright star he was in your life. Bless his furry white paws xo

• Rebecca says:

Aw thanks Annabelle. It’s hard for me to go back and read it, but I’m thankful I have all of those memories “written” somewhere! I miss those furry white paws so much!

Ps- love your name, so pretty!

5. lisa says:

If you want to start your dream renovation project, you can do so by finding creative ways to work within your budget. One of the best ways to save is being flexible in your design. For get information about the decorating the house click here.

6. lisa says:

These are precious memories. I loved reading about your day. Enjoy because they get old way too fast. Reminded me of taking my son to the beach in Santa Barbara when we lived there when he was about Chelsea’s age. I can’t believe we are going on trips to look at colleges now. That picture of Chelsea by the post eating a slice of cantaloupe is beautiful.
    sz home art

7. lisa says:

I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.beauty home designs

8. lisa says:

If you want to start your dream Home renovation project, you can do so by finding creative ways to work within your budget. One of the best ways to save is being flexible in your design.

9. lora says:

hi,
    So all of these lose money. Sounds like home renovation with the intent to increase resale value is a bad investment. I’d only pursue a project if 1) the home would not sale otherwise 2) there is a risk of damage to the home without performing the work or 3) personal enjoyment.

home security

10. lora says:

hi,
    home security

11. lisa says:

I just want to mention I’m all new to blogs and certainly savored you’re web site. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You surely have good writings. Appreciate it for sharing your web page.Home

12. lisa says:

Hi,
    I am converting my attic to a bed room and put a window there. My kid would love this place to be his bedroom. And, I just want him to experience what I did when I was a kid because having an attic bedroom was really amazing!Lisa

13. nina says:

wow , these are greatly cats you enjoy from us you pet a lot cats these all are pretty i am very happpy to see them i also love cats and i have 3 cats in my house but your cats very nice and cte.
    Home Renovation